01 February 2010

Faces of Madhya Pradesh


In the last of my MP series, I feature the people of Madhya Pradesh. I like portrait and street photography and I love the results I get with a 50mm prime lens. Indians are definitely not camera shy. Everyone wants their picture taken! Most of my subjects below asked me to take their pictures. Years ago, kids used to scream "One pen! One pen!." Now it's "One photo! One photo!" Then they ask to see themselves on the LCD screen. I noticed that few people smile when they pose - they usually take on a very serious expression. Here are some of the people I came across in Madhya Pradesh:


















8 comments :

Seth Dalby said...

Isabel,

These are great images and travel accounts. I'm enjoying looking through your blog.

Tracy said...

no words....
too beautiful for words~
namaste~

Meghana said...

Hi,

Very nice to see MY PEOPLE on ur blog.people of M.P are simple and straight forward.

Desisoccermom said...

Lovely photos Isabel. I agree with Meghna, it is nice to see MY PEOPLE on your blog. :) Keep posting.

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

lovley posts and blogs and images.am going to follow you...

Anu said...

Lovely pictures.

...and I am learning about my country...

Thank you!

Meghana said...

Hi Isabel,

Wrote my recent post about Madhya Pradesh,one of my favorite.Check may be you would be interested inn...

Kit said...

Wonderful photos and great writing as usual, Isabel. Thank you for enriching my world.