12 November 2009

By the sea

I only recently discovered Karnataka's coastline and its tranquil, unspoilt beaches. This is a welcome change from some of the beach towns of Goa and Kerala which are becoming increasingly commercialized. I made a quick stop in Murudeshwar, a pilgrimage centre famous for its Shiva temple and tried to catch its atmosphere.


Taking an afternoon dip in the Arabian Sea.

Fishing boats.

A bangle seller.

Going out to sea.

The world's tallest Shiva statue!

Posing for a picture in front of the temple.

6 comments :

Tracy said...

wow..beautiful as always isabel!

Anu said...

Thanks for the tip - I have never heard of this temple (though my family was heavily into pilgrimages)!

One day I will hopefully visit!

roma said...

Beautiful pictures, Isabel! Looks like you had a great trip.

A VIDA NUMA GOA said...

Glad I found your blog again. How could I live without it for so long?
I used to have a blog about India / Goa as well... Well, the blog is still there but the focus has changed a little...

Gvenez said...

Hey! You went to the same place the same time we were there. Did you try scuba diving in the island behind the statue?
Also are you intern at the embassy teaching french?

Isabel said...

Hi Ganesh,

How is the scuba diving in Murudeshwar?

I only passed through on my way from Byndoor.

No, I don't teach French! Must be someone else...