06 December 2007

Pink winter

Pleasing: The exotic ‘Tabebuia impetiginosa’ heralds the winter with splashes of pink, as it blooms across Bangalore city. Photo: K. Murali Kumar © Copyright 2000 - 2007 The Hindu


In summer, Bangalore is painted red. In winter, it's pink!

Despite it's rapid growth and development, Bangalore remains a green city. I love the huge, mammoth trees which line the streets. What's magical about them is that most of them flower. Each season brings a new colourful surprise.

When I got back after being away for three weeks, I discovered that the city has been painted a brilliant pink! I learned from the paper that this magical tree is called Tabebuia Impetiginosa. There's one on my street.

I've collected some of the flowers to float in my urli.



2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Isabel,
I often read your blog, but commenting for the first time. I moved out of Bangalore, my hometown about 4 years ago and I love reading your observations and comments about the city. The Tabebuias are one of the many things I really miss. Look out for the same flowers in bright yellow too, they are so beautiful!
Cheers,
Vibha

Isabel said...

Thanks for visiting Vibha! I'm glad you can experience a little bit of Bangalore through these pages.